Good morning friends, just a quick update from Sage's very own room here at 2:30 a.m.! Very quiet and peaceful here, Sage is very stable, off the blood pressure support, which we're happy about, oxygenating well. So she's had a good night so far and we're looking forward to more small steps forward come morning. We're going to check out the local libraries and bookstores today and pick up a few volumes to read to Sage while things are quiet—let us know if you have any recommendations or favorites, or anything you know that she was in the middle of and wanting to finish. Thanks so much for all your good wishes and love--it's going to be a long walk and we appreciate your taking it with us. Here's a photo of the sunset from Sage's room. It's very beautiful here in the mountains and the woods:

Cheers! I'm so glad to hear such good news! As for book ideas, I'll have to get back to you on that request. G'night. Sleep tight. Love, Blake
ReplyDeleteHooray! Glad to hear that. And what a beautiful view out the window.
ReplyDeleteSophie, Lara asked me if Sage is conscious. It never occurred to me that she may not be... Anyway, Lara send much love all the way from Hawaii!
Sage has already proven she's a fighter with indomitable energy. Hmm. I wonder from where she got that. She's an angel. Her distress has been the source of an outpouring of love and support among her family and friends. The world is a better place when Sage was well and, oddly enough, is a better place because of her illness. God's going to return things to the way they were -- Sage full of vigor and activity. And we can thank her then for her sacrifices and celebrate her recovery. Hang in there, Sophie.
ReplyDeleteLove Gregory
Jim & Cathy Hogan from Atlanta sending Sage our prayers, love and endless positive engergy for a quick recovery.
ReplyDeleteSounds like a beautiful morning...this blog is the sweetest gift. Sending positive thoughts and healing love from Kira van Hall in California. I'll be thinking of Sage and sending prayers.
ReplyDeleteHOORAY!! Improvement is wonderful!! Gonzo also sends his love and energy (we all know he has enough to share!). Sophie - please make sure you are eating and allowing yourself time to center! We are still sending Reiki and Love up to you all! Sage is most defintely a fighter. Thank you for making this blog! Will check back later.
ReplyDeleteWonderful news! I can hear the optimism in your words. What a great idea to read to Sophie. My favorite reading at the moment is anything by Wallace Stegner--Angle of Repose in particular.
ReplyDeletehang in there sage!
ReplyDeletewe are hoping to hear some more good news soon!
and sophie, we used to say, "god will never give you more than you can handle".
that go's for you to sage!
we love you guys..
yoni & arava molcho...
kibutz lahav, israel.
Hmmm...book suggestion...mostly I've only been reading to the kids lately. But Brian and I have really been enjoying the Redwall series (not just for kids). It's fun to read aloud because you can do all the fun accents. :-)
ReplyDeleteDear Sage and Sophie, We are sending prayer, love and strength to you both. Sage you came into this world a fighter. We know you can do it again, you can overcome this. Your family and friends near and far have come together and we all send our love and healing energy your way. Hoping for more good news. We love you hugs to you both. Love Alex and family Charleston S.C.
ReplyDeleteFor some strange reason I was reluctant to post my first thought last night. I believe that when we are weary, the best stories are the ones we heard when we were young and carefree. They are the ones that recall the sensation of snuggling up to a loved one and being wrapped around in warm caring arms. They are the ones that recall the unique rhythms and intonations of the voices saturated with the harmonies of original love. I thought of all those classic children's books and the image that appeared to me was of Sage curled up in Sophie's lap holding a ragtag stuffy and listening to Peter Rabbit, The Secret Garden and Dr Seuss, of course.
ReplyDeleteIt is wonderful to hear these small, mighty steps forward! I have begun to light a candle each day for you, dear Sage. Its little flame sends light and marathon strength to you, leaping the arc from Whidbey Island to New Hampshire. I send love to you, and to your dear Mom. Robyn Jones
ReplyDelete