Tuesday, August 3, 2010
sage and aunt kira
When Kira came to visit Sage on Saturday, she told her about going to Central Park with Lucy on Friday, the day after Sage was airlifted to DHMC. Apparently Lucy (almost two! same birthday as Nathan, 8/13) got into a game with some other children that they called 'the wishing tree'. They were throwing acorns under the tree and making wishes. Kira wished for Sage to get better and threw her acorn, which in turn had every child subsequently throw their acorns under the tree and make the same wish: for Sage to get better.
One child tossed in another acorn and wished for Sage to be on tv, foreseeing like the Oracle that Sage would have her own show. Well well, mighty things come from those small acorns! Forget Facebook Bug, go live!
Thank you Kira for being such an awesome auntie and so cool and fun as well. And to just add to the adventure, on the train from NYC to White River Junction on Saturday, Lucy and Kira met a whole cadre of Taiwanese acrobats who were more than ready to adopt both mother and child. Life is sweet and funny if you are paying attention!.....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Hi Kira, I am going to start my own acorn toss here in Baltimore. This could really catch on. Who but you and charmed Lucy would run into Taiwanese acrobats on a train. There is a children's book in the making with that story.
ReplyDeleteI love it. Let's all toss an acorn for Sage!
ReplyDeleteTossing in my acorn too.
ReplyDeleteTimothy - just sending some love to you and your family. I've only had 6 months of being an Aunt, but it's hard to put into words how special that relationship is. In the way that you've spoken about Sage over the years (I feel like I know her) I know you understand the beauty of having a niece more than anyone. Stay positive, I know the Don clan will pull through...
xox
-marni