Another reason they are amazing people is because Anne is like this awesome role model. She's really smart and kind and generous and doesn't take any crap from anybody. She's a good person to have on your side in pretty much any situation. Besides, she knows how to get down and have a good time. Might I add she is a surgeon and excuse me but HOW many people get to say their auntie is a surgeon. HA!
Uncle Andrew is amazing mostly because he is so much himself. Like I just know that I can count on him to be there for me. He always remembers me on my birthday and sends me a card where he writes everyone's name. I like that. He's pragmatic. No nonsense. To the point. And pretty deadpan about everything. When I think of Uncle Andrew, the expression "every day's a victory" comes to mind. But he does like his creature comforts in certain situations, and I can definitely relate to that right about now. My mom told me about one time when she and Nathan went camping with Uncle Andrew, Christian, Andrew Michael and Alex and they brought, among other items, a floor lamp. Gave off great light for post dinner card games, but seriously, who thinks of that, let alone does it?!?
And my Uncle Andrew is the one who says about me, "it's not the size of the dog in the fight but the size of the fight in the dog." I guess I'm showing up for that right about now, hey?
And here are my most excellent cousins. I love going to the beach and spending birthday and Christmas celebrations with them. From left to right, here's Alex, Christian, Andrew Michael and Megan. Alex and I disagree only on his choice of music that he downloads. Christian and I get to be the same age for two days out of the year! as his birthday is December 30 and mine is January 2, and yes I am actually the older one. We are both Capricorns, so understand life on a deep level. Andrew Michael has always given me these great bear hugs and we always have something to talk about. And Megan, well she's the bomb! smart, beautiful, kind - and she has a lot of great pairs of shoes. Too bad I'm only a size 5. Although this blog was my mom's idea, it was Megan that put it all together. That's another thing that makes here supremely awesome - I can count on her to get the job done. You need people like that these days, God knows. And here is just one one more picture, from the Bahamas, at Aunt Jenny and Uncle Frank's wedding on July 3rd.




No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.