Monday, August 23, 2010

a post from Pop


~ (Among doing many other things yesterday for Sage and for Sophie - driving to northern virginia to get Sophie's clothes to bring up on Tuesday, working on necessary legal and logistical issues for Nathan to be in Germany this school year, finding out about health insurance for Sage's rehabilitation - Dad/Pop managed to copy and send an email with the following poem. Sage wrote this in July 2008 for one of her creative writing classes at California Summer School for the Arts, a month long creative arts program where she found more of her uniqueness through exploring and crafting her written expression. It speaks for itself and for Sage.... p.s.: Who says men can't multitask! and with a silver bell to boot!) ~   

Sophie, 
I've polished up the silver bell.  It really looks great now; maybe Sage will be able to use it now, while at DHMC, and later when home.
I'm forwarding to you the poem that Sage wrote so many years ago; as you know, we've had it framed and it's hanging, with many other special memories, in the upstairs hall.  I thought that you might want to add it to "Sage's Journey", since mum and I have always loved it, and it says so much about Sage. Much, much love to you both-  Dad/Pop

                                                     THE HOUSE    
                                This is my house,
            The house of my childhood, of my youth,
                        It is where I learned to
                                Walk, and
                                Talk, and
                                Swim, and
                                    Run
   This is where I think of when I think of home.
It is not the physical house that makes it significant,
            But what it stands for, which is
                            Family, and 


birthday time with nathan and lucy in new hampshire/dhmc!





                             






with nathan, dad, sandra and joshua in germany!














  Fun, and
howdy pardner!







                               Life, and
                                 








Love.


graduation from sfwhs! june 2009!
THE most awesome brother! like no other!
    It is always far away but always in my mind,
                    Taking the shape of
                        My grandfather,
with these two here, nothing can go wrong!
My grandmother, 
gram, cake and nathan! yes!
                      
                         My cousin, 
                            My aunt,
                           My uncle. 
 my amazing uncle bob!
my awesome aunt hilla!





            And they are beckoning me
                            
























                                                Home.
                                              
uncle tim, cousin lucy and a swing: three favorites!


                                                           SAGE


fresh air and family! and 






 fun, together forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.