Dear friends and family,
Sagie continues to soldier on, fighting the good fight. We are all so proud of her.
Not much to report. A slight improvement in her ventilator. She has intermittent fever and her white blood cell count (WBC) remains elevated. She is deeply sedated and is not experiencing pain or anxiety. Mark and Nathan, and the extended Pineo family, have arrived, bringing strength and good spirits to us all. A Jesuit from the hospital just came by and gave her a blessing—as well as several of the rest of us. He mentioned that there is a mass in the hospital chapel tomorrow morning at 11a.m.—many of us here will attending it, praying for Sage, for all of you her friends and family who are so loving and supportive, and for her nurses and doctors here at the hospital. Please think of us at that time, and please please please continue to pray for Sage.
I guess sometimes "not much to report" is a good thing. Prayers from the extended Blum and Berryhill families are now coming from California, Washington state, Michigan, Texas, Sweden (Alex sends his love), and many places in between.
ReplyDeleteHow's the Harry Potter reading coming along? ;-)
Katie, Jon, Brian and Deanna
We will be in church tomorrow as well and there will be a prayer for Sage and you all during the service. So glad to hear that reinforcements have arrived with Mark, Nathan and the rest of the Pineo's.
ReplyDeletePrayers continue for Sage, Sophie, her Grandma, Pops, Nathan, Mark, and the rest of the Don family, the doctors, nurses, and all who support this trip to wellness. This is a strong army of peace and love.
ReplyDeleteHi katie, jon brian and deanna--
ReplyDeletepretty much done with Harry potter (well the first one of the series anyway)--we're into To Kill a Mockingbird now. A beautiful book, don't you think? xo
Brian just finished reading the first Harry Potter book by himself (he read the first few chapters to me, and then was off and running). :-)
ReplyDeleteI need to re-read To Kill a Mockingbird, as it's been years, but I totally agree that it's a beautiful book. I remember my 6th grade English teacher telling me not to read it because I was too young, which of course just made me go read it. ;-)
Hope the evening/night go well.
I was reading the 4th book in the Redwall series to Brian tonight, and a character was introduced named Sister Sage, a mouse with strength and sweetness. :-)
ReplyDeletePraying for a good night for Sage and all those who watch over her.
Katie
We prayed for Sage this morning at our study group. May our love reach her- and all of you!
ReplyDeleteContinuing to pray and send love & positive thoughts to Sage, Sophie and all Sage's family and friends. Agree with Katie, sometimes "not much to report" is a good thing.
ReplyDeleteHi again, I'm Sunee and Spencer's friend who posted a comment about experiencing Sage in the form of a butterfly, when I needed a wake-up call from pouting.
ReplyDeleteI've been praying for you all, asking for grace and surrender and healing. In the meantime I wanted you to know that I've been working on answering my personal call to service. I won't go into detail but will just say that last week was especially powerful, where I was asked three times by three different folks to move towards my destiny.
So I'm home now, Facebooking while looking out of my window. And, wouldn't you know it, I *happen* to look up just in time to see a butterfly flit past. Had I not looked up at that exact moment I would have missed it. In my three years of living here I've never seen a butterfly out of my window.
Ms. Sage! You're quite busy, as I'm hardly the only person you've been visiting. I get the message: loud and clear. Thanks Sage, for your support during a time of personal change and evolution. It's mind-blowing that you have time to deliver these divine messages, seeing as how busy you are. I really appreciate the encouragement and am sending healing prayers to you and your family. May God's grace continue to rain down on you.
Ever true,
March
Dear Sage and family,
ReplyDeleteMy thought and prayers are with you. I'll send Catherine off with my love for you all. I'll keep in touch. Love and heartfelt thoughts, Brigitta