Friends,
About 12 hours ago Sage took a dramatic downturn. At this point, we are—we must—hope and pray for a miracle. Sophie led us in a prayer circle last night and Sage received the Sacrament of the Sick from the hospital's priest. Mark is traveling from Germany—please pray as well for his safe journey.
Sophie is a rock; she asks all of you to redouble your efforts and your prayers. We need a miracle.
Sage is surrounded by the love of her family; we know that you are here with us and we ask you to stay.
God bless.

We hold Sage, you, and your family in our hearts and minds Sophie.
ReplyDeleteWe are all with you. We love you. Beth, Jonathan, and Margaret.
ReplyDeleteYou have all of our love and most fervent hopes.
ReplyDeleteAlan, Anna and Felix
You are all in our constant prayers and thoughts--we are here for anything you need. We do believe in miracles.
ReplyDeleteDonna, Ray & Courtney
Sophie, our love is with you and the family. We are praying for miracles for beautiful Sage.
ReplyDeleteYes I am remain with you with prayers, hope and love, Audrey
ReplyDeleteSage, Sophie and Nathan,
ReplyDeleteOur love and thoughts are with you.
Carol and Nick
My prayers are with you and your family, Sophie. I believe in miracles. Kris Mize
ReplyDeleteDear Sophie, Mark and Nathan, and all your family,
ReplyDeleteour thoughts are with you.
Love,
Julia & Thomas
Roozbeh and I pray for a miracle. This family is strong. Please stay so. Good Luck.
ReplyDeleteIs Nathan coming too? Please call me if he wants to, I may be able to help.
ReplyDeleteCordula
518-852-4984
Sage, I hope things turn around for the better. You're in my family's thoughts and prayers. We're all praying for a healthy recovery. Love you big cuz <3
ReplyDeleteWe have, and continue to, pray for Sage and family. Our thoughts are with all of you. Jay, Carey and the girls
ReplyDeleteSophie and Nathan and Sage - much much love and light for this day - we are all sending energy for that miracle!! xoxo Carol & Peter
ReplyDeleteWe send our love and prayers for Sage, Sophie, and the rest of the extended Don family. We hold you all in our hearts. Love, Alanna and Brendan
ReplyDeleteLove and prayers from the Berryhill family.
ReplyDeleteI am thinking, and hoping, and praying so hard for you, family. I send my love.
ReplyDeleteSophie, Mark and Nathan,
ReplyDeleteMy prayers continue for Sage's miracle and your continued strength.
Beth
Love from everyone at Lapham's Quarterly. We are all with you.
ReplyDeleteTo Nathan, Sophie, Mark and most especially to Sage I send you all the love in this world. Be strong. You are loved.
ReplyDeleteSophie, We are praying for Sage, and you, Mark and Nathan. Love, Kim and Julio
ReplyDeleteSister Jenny,
ReplyDeleteAs you mentioned yesterday when I was leaving, I have contacted VT DEP and VT Environmental Health Docs. I have the names and numbers for you if you want them. Only long-shot possible guess from one Doc. Call or email me if you want to add this to your search.
Carol
Much love to Timothy and the whole family. We're all thinking of Sage at LQ.
ReplyDeleteSophie, Sage, and Nathan,
ReplyDeleteour family had a prayer cirlcle for Sage this morning. We LOVE you ALL . Rob Limon and Family
Sage, Sophie, and dear Timothy, we are thinking of you every minute, and sending you our fiercest hope and love.
ReplyDeleteLaura and George
My prayers for your precious daughter, dear Sophie. May you and your family be surrounded in loving, healing light, rays of hope, comfort and peace.
ReplyDeleteSunny
Come on, Sagers. Show us that you still have some of that spicy verve flowing through your veins. Yours is a unique blend that belongs amongst the living. Gosh darn it, Bugaroo! We love you! Prepare yourself: Here comes my own special blend of spiritus......
ReplyDeleteDearest Sage,
ReplyDeleteOur thoughts and prayers are with you. Can you meet all this with the same strength you showed at the school here in San Francisco? We think so. Paul and Karen
Buggie we love you and are breathing deep for you every minute. You are tough enough - you can do it again. Sophie we love you. -the Langstons
ReplyDeleteHold on Dear Sage- you are indeed a gift to us all. Our love, hope, and prayers are constant.
ReplyDeleteKeep strong Sophie, Mark, Nathan, and all those sharing this extraordinary healing energy.
Kathi, Scott & the boys
Our love, thoughts and prayers are with you Sophie, Sage, and Nathan.
ReplyDelete<3 Tina and Family
Dearest Sage,
ReplyDeleteWe have not met in person yet your mom has shared how much she loves you with me and stories about you. I know that you are the breath of God and the breath of God is breathing you...I know that the apperances are difficult for those around you to watch and experience because of the great love they have for and about you. I know what is happening on a Spiritual level is greater than we know from the naked eye. Yet, you know. You know at a cellular level. I see great healing and health and Wholeness about you. I see your dad arriving with ease and grace.
From the heart your mother speaks the words of love to you from all that surround you with loving and positive thoughts. She is the voice of Spirit speaking to you. The voice of love loving you so perfectly and purely. I send you great love and joy. And when you are up and around, I want to meet you in person.
Peace and blessings dear one.
Love,
Bea
praying, praying, praying, praying.............xxxx
ReplyDeleteDear Sophie, Sage, FAMILY...
ReplyDeleteI just got wind of all of this a minute ago. I am sending prayers and much healing energy to Sage, and to all of you. Let there be miracles. And so it is.
With love,
Katherine
You got this Sagey.
ReplyDeleteWe're thinking of you from California.
ReplyDeleteLove,
The Armfield's (Susie's family)
Hello to Sage's Family and Friends~ I just read the entire blog...This story is strangely familiar to my own personal story. I'm going to share a brief version as a means of encouragement to y'all and to know there is so much hope for Sage.
ReplyDeleteI'm a healthy person who simply didn't wake up one morning. I had a dental procedure the day before but it wasn't anything unusual and certainly didn't cause any red flags. I simply didn't wake up.
I was hospitalized on complete life support for a few weeks. No one knew what to do. Infectious disease doctors hadn't seen anything like it. After a few weeks of life support, my kidneys and other organs began to fail. There was no hope. The family had to make a decision about continuing support. In the midst of this decision, things began to improve.
After I awoke, I was transferred to a rehab facility, where I worked to regain strength to walk and take care of myself again.
The doctors here in Grand Rapids, Michigan have told me time and again that 'unfortunately this type of thing is becoming more and more common'. Infectious disease doctors are starting to meet regularly to discuss this 'unknown infection'. I was not supposed to live. In fact, I am the first known survivor in Michigan! I am now back to teaching full time without any side effects!
I hope this will serve as a means of encouragement to everyone. There is hope, even when the doctors can't give you any. I will continue to visit this blog and pray for Sage and the family.
Kristin (queenieb7@yahoo.com)
Praying for a miracle because they do happen. May your love for each other give you the strength to get through these hard times.
ReplyDeleteLove Alex and family
Thinking of all of you and holding on with you.
ReplyDeleteBeth, Jonathan, & Margaret.
Hopefully this will work this time! We are sending our love and prayers to you Sophie and family. We are with you day and night. Love,Brennan, Chris, Isaiah, Imani, TIMON!!, and the kitties..
ReplyDelete