Sage is hanging in, but there is not much change from this morning. We are still in need of a miracle. The fact that she is still with us, fighting, fighting, fighting, might just be the first of the day. Of highest concern at this time is her elevated white blood cell count, which signifies serious infection. She has been put back on blood pressure medicine; she is also on an anti-clotting medicine. She was placed during yesterday's crisis on a different ventilator (an oscillator), which is still doing the work we need her lungs to do. Chest xray remains unchanged. A gastroenterologist came to look at her--we feel there is something, something happening in her belly that we need to get under control. Of course she is still much too precarious to move, so the images a CT scan could provide remain beyond our grasp. We have not given up hope. We will not give up hope.
Sophie wrote the following email earlier today; our reasons for sharing it with you are self evident. Blessings to all.
August 5, 2010 11:14:55 AM EDT
I am completely CLEAR that what is being called for is a miracle, and there is no doubt in my mind and heart that it is possible. I am sugar coating nothing, I know what is going on and I know the situation. And I choose to channel positivity, light, laughter, calm, compassion... love - in a word - which is also a miracle in and of itself.Please please pray for that miracle which I believe and feel is lurking around out there in the ether world - it's just a question of accessing it. That is what I need people to do - access the possibility of the miracle for Sage: the miracle of science, the miracle of faith, the miracle of life, the miracle of God being all around us! it is amazing that we so often ignore it, getting stuck in the smallness of our perceptions.That is where I am at. I have walked through a very dark valley and I am clear that neither Sage nor I nor anyone else is alone. We just have this silly belief that we are. I have had that belief myself as though it were a truth - maybe I had to go there to realize just the opposite. We cannot know how brilliant the light is, without the darkness.Sage has taught me so much and one of the many lessons is just that - stay connected, quit feeling sorry for yourself and GET THE JOB DONE!!!!Two things I would like you to pass on:
this is a verse from a book Courtney (Sage's best friend) sent up from Annapolis, I have it on the wall in here near some photos:~~On the power of miracles~~This world is full of miracles.They stand in shining silence next to every dream of pain and suffering, of sin and guilt.They are the dream's alternative, the choice of the dreamer, rather than deny the active role in making up the dream.
The other thing to please share is this:I have been afraid and I have never been afraid before, never in all the time that Sage was in the NICU. My friend Margaret came yesterday to visit and she helped me this morning, after one of the worse night's of my life, to cross this particular rubicon. It has helped me immeasurably in these last few hours. What she said was this:that where Sage is right now, well it's just so, so nice. It's just so so nice and it can be hard to come back when you're in such a space because it is such a lovely place to be, filled with light and so much good stuff! so it can be hard to come back. Not impossible, just a little hard.
I feel light myself knowing that Sage is in a place of light and it's because she might just want to stay there that we continue to walk this path with her on this side. I am clear that whatever way it goes, it's gonna be alright. And I am NOT giving up!!thank you for your love and again please pass on to all you know, so they can access the positive power. The good 'jou jou' as we say up here. It helped. It got the nurse this morning to get a line into Sage's arm so that one of the antibiotics could flow. I see THAT as a miracle.Wow, they are just everywhere!xoxoxo peace and blessings, Sophie
Praying Praying Praying
ReplyDeleteThank you so much, to whoever posted this update. Praying for Sage's recovery, sending love, positive energy and peace her way.
ReplyDeleteWith all of you every step of the way with all the positive evergy that I can muster in prayer and thoughts. Sophie you are a remarkable woman and the fact that you can share your thoughts and emotion has given us all more than you will ever know. Do love you, Audrey
ReplyDeleteWith Sage and you and all in the way we know. A lot of love. Suzy&Sandro
ReplyDeleteSage, my prayers are with you; keep fighting the good fight and I know that you will make it! I love you so so much and really miss you down here in Annapolis. Come home soon.
ReplyDeleteAde and I are praying for you Sagey. We pray for brilliant miracles, we send you lots of love....xo
ReplyDeleteTina & Ade Barry
We are praying for a miracle and sending our love to all of you. Wendel and Ruth
ReplyDeleteKeep fighting, Sage. Sending tons of love and prayers from Charlottesville!
ReplyDeleteThank you for these updates. I am praying with all my heart.
ReplyDeleteSophie,
ReplyDeleteSending you love and prayers, and sending positive energy for that miracle to be pulled down from the heavens!
Chris (Jacks mom)
I am thinking of you all. Sage was always firey and fun and I believe she will pull through. I am sending all my positive energy to her.
ReplyDeleteLove,
Cailey
Keep fighting Sage. Love to you and your mom from Damien and Julie in Seattle.
ReplyDeleteSage & Sophie & Nathan
ReplyDeleteWe are sending you our love and positive thoughts. Sagey, keep fighting with all you've got. We love you! We're cheering you on!
Love,
Lyn, Rick, & Devin
Sage, You are constantly in our thoughts and prayers. Stay strong! Love, Kim, Julio and family
ReplyDeleteOh, sweet dear SAGE! I just learned of your fight. We are here with you in spirit, cheering you on - you're strong, girl! You will make it through this!
ReplyDeleteSophie, PLEASE call my energetic healer. His name is Dr. Lenny #719-371-3954. He has been a godsend for me and many of my friends and family; my girlfriend whose baby sister is undergoing chemo was eternally grateful after their session with him. Here is his website; not crazy about the site layout, but it tells you about him: http://www.chiropractic-acupuncture-homeopathy-self-help-workshops-dvd.com/about.html
My family and I send our love, positive vibes, strength and healing. Great big hugs from Jessie and Alex, too. <3
Thinking of you during your early morning hours (as we've been all day). We sat down with the kids today and sang the Mi'sheberach prayer for healing.
ReplyDeleteKatie & Jon
The George Harrison song GIVE ME LOVE came into my head as soon as I tried to put words on the page to you. May the miracle come...
ReplyDeleteGive me love
Give me love
Give me peace on earth
Give me light
Give me life
Keep me free from birth
Give me hope
Help me cope, with this heavy load
Trying to, touch and reach you with,
Heart and soul
Please take hold of my hand, that
I might understand you
Sending love, Lisa Hopper
Hey Sage!
ReplyDeleteCrazy love comin' at you and your family from Singapore!
There is a cradle of love here just watching,waiting, ready for whatever it is you have to do!
You have filled us up so full of this love!
Wow
xoxo
Elizabeth Doshi