Good progress continues.
Sage underwent both the CT scan and PIIC procedure spectacularly; nurse Pauline, 21 year veteran of this ICU, commented at how great Sage did (we have the sense that nurse Pauline does not mince words and only gives compliments when they are truly due). Double A+! The results are not in yet from the CT scan. The new line was placed easily and smoothly on the first go - Sage passed with flying colors and continues to surprise, shock and awe those who are getting to know her even better, as these days progress.
She is back in her room and actually sitting up in her bed; a bit of a misnomer as it is the bed itself which is in the 'chair position' and Sage is in the bed - it looks as though she is in a big recliner, a Lazy Boy of sorts. This position is good most especially for her lungs and the aeration of them.
Sage sleeps peacefully. Thank you thank you for your prayers, thoughts and energy this afternoon and ongoingly, and for believing in community, connection, love and faith.
Go Sage! Perhaps she's decided she had enough of this and is working overtime now to get better ;). Keep it up girl!
ReplyDeleteSo thrilled to hear of Sage's positive progress of late! I am a friend and former co-worker of Emily DeWire (aunt Emily, maybe?) and noticed a facebook posting of hers that gave a link to this blog. That was a week ago, and I've been faithfully checking in on a daily basis, since. I'm awestruck by the overwhelming power of good jou-jou and positive thoughts, words, actions, and prayers. What an amazing network you all have created to speed the healing process and bring back this remarkable girl! I know from experience as well as from watching Sage's progress-it works! Heartfelt smiles, hugs, and prayers to you all; thank you for sharing Sage's journey. Keep up the good work, I can't wait to read how well you're doing tomorrow!
ReplyDeleteSAGE!!! I KNEW you could do it! Tears of joy streaming down my face! You are such a strong spirit, I'm FAR from surprised that you shock and awe people with your strength - Woo Hoo!!! LOVE K.T. Tunstall and her song, Suddenly I See! Played and sang it for you and will keep it up until I hear otherwise.
ReplyDeleteThank you so much Sophie, for having the strength and where-with-all to keep us all posted - I see where Sage gets her strength!
xoxo,
Jennifer, Jessie, Alex, and Frank Brass
Amazing news. So excited to see Sage making such great progress. Can't wait to see what they can learn from tests. She's coming back to us slowly but surely. What a strong girl and what a terrific mom, family, medical staff, and community. Keep it comin'
ReplyDeleteFamily love and faith -- what an inspiration you all are. God bless!!! Love & prayers, Frederica
ReplyDeleteExcellent news! Continuing to pray and send positive energy your way, Sage and family and friends. The power of community, prayer and positive energy is truly awesome!
ReplyDeleteBlessings, Karen
Sophie,
ReplyDeleteFantastic news. It really sounds like Sage has turned a corner and is improving every day. You must feel that knot in your stomach slowly releasing. Dap to Sage and a big hug to you.
Note to Sophie: It seems that Sage was born inside-out because her will to live filled up all available spaces; And, then some more!
ReplyDeleteNote to Sage: You don't need to test your reserves again. We all know absolutely from this experience that yours is a very special, potent blend of pure vitality. Sending you positive energy almost feels like touching a live wire. I'm anticipating getting a static shock from you very soon!
We love you both!
Sophie - I just found this blog and read with tears in my eyes the journey that you all have been on with you lovely Sage. I'm sending you all positive energy and prayers. Please let me know if there is anything we in Washington can do for you.
ReplyDeleteMonique Escudero Kadnar
Prayers that Sage continues to progress and get better with each new day. Love to you all, Kim and Julio
ReplyDelete