Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Medical update: day 7, 7 a.m.

Good morning, friends.
A quick update on last night before the medical team does their rounds; we'll have more after that, along with the plan for the day. Renal function is normal. Liver function tests show improvement. Sage went back on the paralytic medicine last night--this makes it easier to move her, turn her etc. without aggravating her. (Just to clear one thing up, as there seems to have been some confusion: Sage has been very heavily sedated since Thursday morning--the ventilator basically requires that. It is the equivalent of being in a very, very, very deep sleep. Eyes are fully closed, there is no talking, no movement.) She is still febrile--temperature is somewhat elevated. She is receiving nutrition intravenously. Cultures for source of the infection remain negative. White blood cell count remains elevated. Nurses Jen and Jess gave her a lovely bath and even washed and braided her hair before their shift was over.  A good start to a new day. We are on chapter six of Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone. God Bless, and please remember to say a prayer for Sage during the day.

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for the news about all the tests...For describing our amazing Sleeping Beauty, beautiful braids woven with Nurses Jen and Jess' super TLC...we're holding you close...love love love xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sophie, Medical updates are greatly appreciated. Glad to hear that liver function tests are going in the right direction. Hugh is not too far from you now. He is hiking in the White Mountains with daughter Emily. They are sending prayers from atop Mt. Washington. They are closer to God up there in more ways than one. Here's to continued improvement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for the update on Sage's condition.
    I'm home now and have just talked with Kira about what happened while I was away. Timothy--and your entire family--I send you all the love and hope from me and Ruth. We are sitting here together, thinking about you, and wishing for Sage's recovery. love Wendel and Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Sage and Sophie, I hope today brings you all some good news and progress in the right direction. It is wonderful to read all the love and support that is out there for all of you. I admire everyones ability to post to these blogs, it takes me hours to get it done, I will have to have my children teach me. My whole preschool is praying for you. The baptist ladies I work with have said some amazing prayers for you. Keep you spirits up we love you . Alex, Paul, Timothy and Mark

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.