Greetings to the circle that brings healing thoughts, positive energy, and love love love to Sage:
We apologize for the lack of a post yesterday - don't quite know what got into us! except for it being Nathan's sixteenth birthday AND Lucy's second birthday, along with one of Sage's best days thus far! What a gift that girl gave to her cousin and brother!
The news from the North is indeed positive.
Sage continues to wean from the oscillator; even Nurse Anne said yesterday that "this is one of Sage's best days yet." However, Nurse Molly might say the same of today, for Sage is cruising right along. The plan is to transfer Sage back to the conventional ventilator within 24-48 hours, if she continues along on this same path. The imaging studies and other studies for her ongoing care can then be performed, as she will be more mobile.
The Infectious Disease consultants report that the Mayo Clinic has returned a positive antibody to Legionella. This blood test was sent out to the Mayo Clinic upon Sage's admission to DHMC. The conclusive study as to whether this is a recent infection or a previous exposure is still pending. This result does not change Sage's therapy at all; she has been on the appropriate antibiotics to cover this particular bacteria since her hospitalization.
Sage's liver function remains normal and her pancreatic enzymes are still elevated albeit pending toward normal. Her kidney function remains normal.
Sage remains sedated and paralyzed while her medical team continues their fine care. The next 48 hours will bring big and important steps for Sage, so we ask - as we know you will do - for your positive thoughts and healing prayers.
Go Sage!! Thank you for the post. We are happy to hear the news. Much love,Brennan, Chris, Isaiah and Imani
ReplyDeleteSo nice to hear things are moving in the right direction!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday to Nathan!
Such a relief to see continued positive trends for Sage! Hope Nathan (and Lucy) had fun birthdays, given the circumstances. Any pictures of the birthday boy?
ReplyDeleteHow's the pneumothorax?
The extended Berryhill/Blum/Becker/Glodowski families continue to send great thoughts and prayers your way.
candles lit, prayers continue
ReplyDeleteWay to go Sagey!Terrific to hear the good news!We continue to cheer you on!
ReplyDeleteLove ya,
Lyn, Rick, & Devin
so glad to hear continued positive news for Sage - Happy Birthday Nathan - love to all! xo
ReplyDeleteTO SAGE WITH LOVE FROM DOMINIQUE----I KNOW YOU AS A FREEDOM FIGHTER AND AN EXPRESSION OF FAITH AND A CONSISTENTLY KICK BUT GIRL--- LEADER OF THE PACK WITH FIERCE LOVE WALKIN YOUR TALK WHILE THE DIAMONDS ON THE SOLE OF YOUR FEET CARVE THE SOULS TRUE PATH
ReplyDeleteThe Way of Sage sounds the song ' Aint no mountain high enough aint no valley low enough''' and With a little help from my friends - yes you all are my witness and i know YES YOUR SAGIE KNOWS we = hey Nathen b day Boy -- A re seeing this journey in ways that YOU THINK look different -- ie IM SNOOZING and you are are so called awake ----Hey LISTON up you're snoozin and I'M AWAKE ---THATS THE WAY OF SAGE YES IT IS MY WAY OF sharing MY miracles one after another as we continue YES YOU GO MOM !!!!! ITS THE WAY OF SAGE and it is all illumiation, all love SO KEEP ON KEEPIN ON !!!!!
ME AND YOU KNOW THATS TRUE !!! I am the kick but girl and who knows when i come back I MAY JUSST HAVE A DRAGON TATOO --I think it would go well with my golden crown chakra and my firey red tongue
Sophie - I have started my very own ' SAGE NOW ' fan club = me and my friends, The UNITY 24/7 prayer group and oh my god.... A monastary of cloistered nuns in Alabama, (It was the 1st integrated cloustered monasstray in the us back inthe 40s...my aunt was one of them )---yeh its a meaningless tid bit but is all on Sages continuem, freedom fighter vibe karma
SOPHIE I LOVE YOU AND THAT MEANS I LOVE SAGE AND YOUR WHOLE TRIBE ETC.... UNTIL SOON !!! oops PLease also know that I am praying with you all at 9 am and through out my days and at night I send my angel to Sagees angel.
Thanks for the update and the really terrific news. I was a bit nervous yesterday when I checked the blog and there was no post. I'm ectastic to hear that Sage is progressing so well. After previous news I thought it would be much longer before she could possibly be weaning to the other ventilator. Happy Birthday to Nathan! (I remember when your Mom was taking you down to Kindergarten and you were none too pleased about it!)
ReplyDeleteKnow that you all are in our thoughts and we wait and hope for further progress.
Love and healing coming your way, Sage!
ReplyDeleteSophie, I've been gone for 2 weeks and came back to this news via email from Joe O'R. So glad to read today's post. You, Sage and Nathan have our positive prayers and we'll keep it comin'...
ReplyDeleteAndy, Carol, Aidan and Luke Freeburg
Sounds like Sage granted some birthday wishes. We are all happy to hear the good news of her progress and look foward to more of the same. And happy birthday Nathan and Lucy.
ReplyDeleteso happy to hear that things are progressing in a positive direction,
ReplyDeletei believe in sage and i believe in sophie most of all, your love and energy can do anything!!
prayer for today:
go sagey go!!!
big hug,
susie
So glad that Sage is moving in the right direction. Happy Birthday to Nathan!!!
ReplyDeleteThinking of you and still sending positive healing thoughts Sage's way.
xoxo
Go Sage!!!!! Go Sophie!!!!! Happy Birthday to Nathan. Hope to see you in S.F. some time, you are always welcome. If we don't see you in the US we have to see you in Germany next summer. Thinking of you all, Marlis
ReplyDelete