Dear Friends,
We need some help here. Sage had an MRI and a CT scan done late last night. The MRI reveals what appears to be a lesion of some sort in her brain, in the area that involves motor function. It is presenting as though it is an infection, so she will be going back on two or three antibiotics today to cover that. The CT scan of her lungs showed two suspicious lesions as well—the feeling is that there is some kind of an infection hiding out within Sage that we need to crush, to send back to whatever corner of hell it rose up from. We will be doing a heart echo ( a "T.E.E.") today to make sure that her heart valves are ok and without lesions. We are in a certain sense chasing a storm.
As per yesterday's discussions, we are also going ahead with the tracheostomy today--pretty much right now. Hopefully this will help Sage out both in the short and the long term.
Friends, this is not news that we are happy to share with you. Your support and love and prayers have brought Sage through a great deal thus far; we need them today as well. Please please please pray for Sage today; please keep her in your thoughts. Please send the light. She needs it. Yes, she is strong, as we all know very well, but today we need to loan her some of our collective strength. We cannot do this without you. Please take a moment and say a prayer for her; please take a moment and share a prayer or some muster of strength in the comments below. Thank you so much for staying with us on this. However far away you may be, call in, dial in, write in—write to Timothy if you are still unable to post directly to the blog—please let us know that you are still with us. Sage needs you. We need you. God bless.
Bug, remember when I taught you to climb up that Magnolia, out along the limb through the blossoms and leap into the swimming pool? Remember when we climbed up the gutter on the side of the house and snuck in through the window way up high? Well this is something like that: climb Bug, climb! I am right there beside you, climbing with you. We will do this thing, however long it takes, together. Lucy is waiting for us. She has so much she wants to ask you, she wants you to teach her everything you know. Climb Bug, climb! I am climbing with you, every toehold and small grip of the way. I reach down my hand to you and—yes! up! together we go! xo t
ReplyDeleteTim-- just wanted to let you know that Sage,the family and friends, her doctors and all the providers are in my prayers.
ReplyDeleteI am giving a sermon this Sunday at All Saints in Carmel. It is interesting, so I thought I would share with you. The reading is Luke 13:10-17, the healing of the crippled woman.
Note that this is the last time we hear of Jesus in the temple. The rest of his ministry plays out outside in the world. The crippled woman (she has no name) was healed by Jesus on the Sabbath. Of course, this was an issue for the authorities.
The sermon is about language. I heard a quote this month that I think relates to the reading, and to Sage's stage in life. "Speak to a man in a language he understands, you speak to his head. Speak to a man in his own language and you speak to his heart."
I don't think the story of Jesus healing a "crippled woman" on the sabbath is a statement about disrespect of authority. Rather, it is a good example of healing, and the difference between speaking to the heart and speaking to the head. Jesus, after healing the woman, speaks to the heart of the woman, by healing her, and to the authoities by letting them know they do not understand.
That said, I want you to know that this speaking to the heart is what is hapeneing now, with Sage. Does it make sense that complete strangers who have never met her pray for her recovery? I guess that depends on which language is being used, and which language the one considering the prayer is using!
Peace to you Tim, I hope all is well. Sage's journey will be with me as I lead the congregation through worship this Sunday.
Peace to you and yours,
Rob
Sending you all healing light and prayers -round the clock.
ReplyDeleteLove, Betsy
Everyday, about five times a day, I send out a little prayer to Sage. Today I'm going to step that up to five times an hour. Feel all this love Sagey girl. It's coming from everywhere.
ReplyDeleteIn our thoughts constantly, all our love and strength to all of you and especially sage.
ReplyDeleteLaura, Mike, Audrey & Eliza
We still have you and Sage in our thoughts and prayers.
ReplyDeleteHang in there. You are doing an amazing job!
Laurey, Geefwee and Coralie
oh yes, Sage and Sophie and Nathan - you are in our thoughts throughout the day - and the love has circled the earth and back to you all! xo
ReplyDeleteAnna asks how you are doing everyday. piano piano, as the italians say. little gentle steps forward. you can do it Sage. There are so many people out here rooting for you Katie and Anna
ReplyDeleteDearest Sage, and Sophie, and Nathan -
ReplyDeletePeace, light, positive energy and love, love, love flowing your way right this moment, just as for every moment since I learned of Sage's illness! I knew Sage before this ordeal started only from hearing Sophie speak lovingly of her. So I am a stranger... yet when I ask God for healing and comfort for Sage, for knowledgeable and compassionate nurses and doctors to tend to her care, when I visualize sending soft, warm light and vibrant, healing energy streaming northward to Sage, I know she hears me and can feel that I hold her in my thoughts, prayers and heart, day in and day out.
Sage, you have done such an amazing, remarkable job of battling these demons who mistakenly thought they could lay claim to you! I know that you will win this fight, and that you have the patience to take it slowly and surely, one step at a time, moment by moment.
xoxo
Sage has been in my heart and prayers, and will remain so especially in these challenging times for her.
ReplyDeleteMay God be with her as she battles her illnesses, and may she feel the unending love and support of her friends and family.
Dear Sage, Sophie and Nathan,
ReplyDeleteYou don't know me, but I am knowing you from our circle of friends at San Francisco Waldorf High School and Spacial Dynamics. I am following your dance, dear Sage, many times every day, and looking forward to our dancing together sometime very soon. Keep moving, Sage, into this warm light and soft music I send, healing, healing, towards you.
Sophie,I'm holding Sagey and you and Nathan very close. Now I'm squeezing a little harder for as long as it takes. Rick, Devin, and I are cheering you on just a little louder. We love you!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Lyn
Dear Sage, hang in there girl. I envision these lesions to disappear out of your body, fight them!!! Sending you good thoughts, prayers and lots of love, Marlis
ReplyDeleteSending golden light from the hills of Ukiah and prayers many times a day.
ReplyDeleteLouise says she would like to meet Peter Rabbit one day...
I know, you have not got much rest so far... but we are with you Sage to go through this! Hold on tight Sage! we think about you every day.
ReplyDeleteLove to you and your family
Julia&Thomas
Bug, we love you. we're carrying you through this! amelia says "god dammit sage, you better get through this, you're an amazing person and friend, and you have so much left to give to this world. your time here is NOT done!.... and we also have a kick ass road trip to go on." :) We love you SO SO SO SO much and we're praying our hardest!
ReplyDeletelove you bug. all the way from california.
~Katy and Amelia
I wish the best. I never met her but as I can read here she is very strong woman. She is a fighter. Good Luck
ReplyDeleteSage, Sophie, and Nathan
ReplyDeleteWe continue to send love and lots of positive thoughts your way.
Love,
Carol and Nick
You can do this, Sage! We all are here for you and pulling for you.
ReplyDeleteLove and light,
The Berryhills (and Katie and Jon's extended families)
All love and good wishes to Sage, her family, and the world of people who love her.
ReplyDelete-Paul Nadler and family
thinking of you,sage. sending healing wishes and love.
ReplyDeleteemily nadler,tim,jacob and bb
Love, Light and Joy. May healing breath fill you! This is a portion of my humble prayer for Sage and everyone loving her!
ReplyDeleteMelanie
prayers abound
ReplyDeleteThinking about you daily Sage. Sending positive thoughts and healing strength.
ReplyDelete-Guilford friends
Sage, Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Lisa Greenbaum
ReplyDeleteI am sorry that this is such a bumpy road. We are steadfast with you. I am committing to a daily prayer for Sage and Sophie and Nathan. 7:45 am west coast time, during my morning run. I have taken Sage with me on these runs from time to time, but now I commit to it regularly with discipline, and without fail. I have shared your story with my own immediate family, people who have never met you and probably never will. They are deeply touched and are praying for you as well. Blessings and hugs, Cynthia Watson
ReplyDeleteSage is in our hearts and prayers and we hold her the healing light. Breathing in health and wellbeing and breathing out disease and infection.
ReplyDeleteWe love you Sage.
Tracy and Alessandra
xxx
Dear Sage,
ReplyDeleteMy family, friends, and I continue to send prayers, love, and support to you for your healing. Your journey has been so rocky with all sorts of twists,turns and bumps continuing these many days as you are on the road to recovery. Faith in your healing remains strong among all of us who love you - we are there with you in spirit as we are for your Mom, Dad, Nathan, Grandma, Pops, Aunts, Uncles, Cousins,and the endless people who care. You can do it Sagie.
My prayers and positive thoughts will not let up Love xxxooo Audrey
sageI have only gotten to know you for a few days. How ever those few days where the best and amazing days of my life I pray for you every day and think about all the good time we have I hope and pray you get better soon. I still remeber driving in the car listening to good day!! I am so happy that we became friends and that I met you. Stay strong sage I know you will. From your friend,
ReplyDeleteGwynne pauli
Blessings and light, strength and courage to Sage and her team of doctors and friends! I pray that your body may be healed, Sage! I send my brightest, love-filled light your way! Love is a tremendous healer, and you are surrounded, filled with Love!
ReplyDeleteCecilia
you can get through this, beautiful girl! i remember you running around timothy's parents' back yard when you were little, so full of spunk & verve...i'm sending you lots & lots of love & positive energy! xo, samera
ReplyDeleteDear Sophie, Sage and Nathan,
ReplyDeleteWe are with you in every way.
I'll be up to see you soon.
Love, Toot, the Captain and Lillie
Dear Timothy and Keara,
ReplyDeleteI just read this blog for the first time--I am SO sorry to hear about what Sage and you and your family are going through... I have had some experiences that make me very empathetic to your experiences. You are in my thoughts and I will continue to think about Sage. I know you both to be very strong people and I'm sure that will be both a great help for Sage. Please take care of yourselves and let me know if there is ANYTHING I can do to be of help.
with love,
Asad
Sophie -- Continued love & prayers to you for Sage, and to your amazing family of love & support. I pray for your courage and strong faith, for healing and much love. Call me if you need anything!!!
ReplyDeleteFrederica
Sending all my best wishes to Sage.
ReplyDeleteAbbas
thinking of sage
ReplyDeleteemily nadler
dear sage, we are thinking of you & your mom & family lots here in nyc & sending tons of love & strength your way...xo, samera & allan
ReplyDelete