Friday, August 6, 2010

Day 9, 7 p.m.

Dear friends,
Well, you got us through this day. Thank you.
A drain was placed in Sage's abdomen to assess the possibilities of an as yet untreated abdominal process. The fluid that was drained was sent to the lab for evaluation; the results did not show any bacteria, though there were white blood cells present. Sage received two surgical consultations. After thoughtful evaluation the surgeon advised that there was not enough evidence at this time to pursue surgery emergently this evening, especially as it carries such high risks and complications. The surgical team will continue to evaluate Sage on a daily basis.
They did recommend increasing antibiotic coverage to include fungal infection, which has been initiated.

Sage's oxygenation is better, with decreasing demands on her ventilator. We continue to hope that we will be able to obtain a CT scan.

Mark and Nathan are scheduled to arrive this evening. Sage remains strong. Not much other news, friends. Thank you so much for all your help.

11 comments:

  1. Just wanted to know that I'm sending out positive thoughts and hoping Sage gets better, soon!

    --Andreas

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sending beautiful California sunshine your way.

    Katie, Jon, Brian & Deanna

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sagie, today was a good day; tomorrow will be better still. Much, much love, Pop

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear this day has been good! Soph let me know about coming out tomorrow (sent you an email).
    Love, Cordula

    ReplyDelete
  5. From my friend Nancy:
    I tried to post on Sage's blog ..... it wouldn't accept me ... Just wanted you all to get this message: dear Sage and Family ... you don't know me ... I'm a Battenkill Chorale friend of Cordula Feuerstack ... and, I am posting as a Mother, Friend, Sister, Daughter .... sending Prayers, Healing Energy, Best Wishes, and heartfelt Love to you all and especially to Sage ... XXXXXXX Godspeed, little girl ...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sopie, My continued thoughts and prayers go out to you, all your family and especially to Sage. Your message indicates progress was seen today and that you may be closer to finding out the root cause of Sage's illness which will lead to the treatment that she needs to recover. Knowledge is power and it will guide the compass in the direction of the exact diagnosis and treatment for Sage. I will add her caregivers to my prayers, prayers for their skillful hands and brilliant minds to put the pieces together and get the answers you need. Love to all, Beth

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is Elspeth using Amelia account.
    I would like to invite all of us to pray and meditate at the same time tomorrow Saturday. I will start here 6am PST time.
    prayers and love Elspeth

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am a friend of Auntie Jen's. I am praying for you, Sage, as I would do anything for your wonderful aunt in her time of need. I am a blogger myself and I look forward to watching your adventures unfold!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. To Sage, and her mighty team!

    I just found out about Sage's hospitalization today. I will hold her in awake, intentional love and spread the word.

    What an amazing group of people she has around her. I'm reminded of important things.

    To Sage.... It is just as beautiful here! God is woven all through life, everywhere. Come and roll up your sleeves. This time needs you.

    Love to all of you! Take care of one another too.

    And KNOW that miracles aren't really miracles at all... we just can't imagine very well, is all.

    Love! Cecilia

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds like Sage is winning! We continue our prayers for the best for you and yours. Much love from the Kalaghers

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.